Rey Mysterio conducted a cameo appearance on the MLW Podcast with Konnan to celebrate their 150th episode. Rey is in the first 20 minutes of the podcast and discusses what he’s doing at the moment, what about wrestling and more. For a quick transcript read below, to hear the full interview with Rey, click here!
- Rey says that he’s been home in the 619 just being a father and has been able to attend any sports that his children are involved in. He’s just been enjoying his time with his wife and his children most of all.
– Rey says that he’s been out due to a hand issue and tearing tissues in his hand. He says that he’s been feeling good physically and with 25 years of being in the business, it’s weird having the time off that he has at the moment, but he does feel those years of wear and tear on him.
– About his knees, his knees are feeling good at the moment, but when that pain hits, it hits hard, especially with rain/humidity.
– In other news, Rey has been taking acting lessons! He says that he would like to take acting to a level after wrestling, as he has been a lucky guy thus far in the wrestling world. He would love to do soap operas or anything sport related or even cartoons and would love to keep the name Rey Mysterio live.
– There’s talks about how there was an idea of a Rey Mysterio cartoon but WWE missed the idea with it and it never happened. Rey also talks about how he truly is grateful for everything that has happened and for Konnan helping him get his start in the beginning.
– Lastly, does Rey watch wrestling? He says that he just hasn’t watched it since his last match in April because he’s been so busy with his family. Rey even threw out the idea of a Rey Mysterio clothing line. Lastly, Rey says the he believes his name will be around for a longer time and he truly hope there is something else for him in wrestling.